Monday, October 20, 2008

Hillsboro Happenings

Anything I can say will be bland in comparison to what y'all have said(and shown). I'll add a few lines for an update. Rachel and I visited Headland on Oct. 11-13. We had a great visit with Nana and D-daddy but no great cooking, no oven fires and no shrimp searches. We simply had Domino's pizza and a trip to the IHOP with senior citizens ages 92,90,89,85 and the younger generation, May May, Rachel and me.

This past week-end we attended Huntingdon's Homecoming and were pleasantly surprised to find that Will and several teamates were being honored as scholar-athletes. The Hawks are 6-0 this year. (Will's doing graduate work toward a Masters at Auburn).

Amanda's family was out of town so we didn't see them. We wanted to check out Jamie and Paris at the Calera Subway but time didn't permit. I hear they're expecting a boy in January in case some of you haven't heard.

Betsy, this was a great idea. Keep the news coming!

Love, Wayne

3 comments:

The Brannon Family said...

Your trip to Headland sounds plenty eventful. And taking senior citizens to the IHOP is not for the faint of heart. Congratulations to Will on his award!

The Brannon Family said...

By the way, that comment above was me. I forget that we need to identify ourselves. Betsy

The Brannon Family said...

Hey, I am sorry we missed yall. We were in Bham watching Catherine run. Hope to see you soon. I hate I missed the IHOP trip. That group is a barrel of laughs!
Love,
Amanda