Thursday, October 2, 2008

Headland Trip




Sorry for the delay in getting these pictures posted. Since none of my children are here to help with uploading photos and because I'm a little technically challenged, it was difficult for me to get the pictures from the camera to the computer and then from the computer to the blog. But, at last, success!

We had a wonderful time in Headland and just as much fun during the drive down and back. It was great to spend time alone with my sisters! They are amazing women.

Here's the recipe for the Peach Cobbler we made at Nana's house. It's the very last recipe in the Paula Deen cookbook Nana has, but I double the batter.

Peach Cobbler

1 stick of butter
melt in 9 X 13 dish in 350 degree oven until melted and golden brown around edges

In bowl mix
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
(remember, I usually double this)

Pour batter mixture over hot butter in 9 X 13 baking dish.

1 large can of sliced peaches
1 small can of sliced peaches

Spoon peaches over batter. Gently pour juice from large can of peaches over the top.

Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees (or until golden brown).

I like to sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.

It is great alone or with cool whip or ice cream on top!

I love y'all!

Julie

10 comments:

The Brannon Family said...

Thanks for the pictures Jul! And if only everyone knew how much trouble we had getting us all in one picture and then taking it ourselves!!!! Betsy

The Brannon Family said...

Ha! I wasn't going to admit how hard it was! (That's why I didn't post any of the pics with one of us cut in half or cut out completely!) :)

Julie

Cathy said...

Y'all look so pretty together! It sounds like a fun weekend:)
-Cathy

The Brannon Family said...

I'm jealous.
-Emily

The Brannon Family said...

We did have fun!!! I especially liked all my jobs-- resting on the couch,visiting with Nana, washing dishes now and then, visiting with friends and the meat man, eating, eating and eating all the great food you girls cooked. Thanks for a wonderful time. Let's do it again, soon.
Amanda

The Brannon Family said...

Amanda left out giving Nana a pedicure - that is one of her regular jobs which she does very well. Nana said her feet felt so good when she got into bed that night and still felt wonderful the next morning when she put her feet on the floor! Betsy

Cathy said...

I'll never forget Nana asking me to give Uncle Jim a pedicure after I was done with hers....there are no words.
-Cathy

The Brannon Family said...

Thanks to all of you for your posts. Now that I've figured out how to access the blogsite I'll be checking it regularly. I was using 'allthe brannons' for the password before I tried without the quote marks.
Wayne(Dad,Pa)etc.

The Brannon Family said...

The pictures are great and so are the stories. Keep 'em coming.
Wayne

Unknown said...

I am looking for Jennifer Holder (Brannon) from Headland Alabama. I was a groomsman in her wedding (David Jones), a classmate from Auburn, and have not talked to her in five years. The last time I saw her, her husband, and kids was in New Mexico in 2004. Does anyone have any contact information?

Randy Hutcheson
randolhutcheson@charter.net